The Basics of Digital Forensics: The Primer for Getting Started in Digital Forensics - John Sammons
used - very good, paperback
- Publisher : Syngress; 2nd edition (December 29, 2014)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 200 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0128016353
- ISBN-13 : 978-0128016350
- Item Weight : 13.1 ounces
- Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.46 x 9.25 inches
Security policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Delivery policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
Return policy (edit with Customer reassurance module)
The Basics of Digital Forensics provides a foundation for people new to the digital forensics field. This book teaches you how to conduct examinations by discussing what digital forensics is, the methodologies used, key tactical concepts, and the tools needed to perform examinations. Details on digital forensics for computers, networks, cell phones, GPS, the cloud and the Internet are discussed. Also, learn how to collect evidence, document the scene, and how deleted data can be recovered.
The new Second Edition of this book provides you with completely up to date real world examples and all the key technologies used in digital forensics, as well as new coverage of network intrusion response, how hard drives are organized, and electronic discovery. You'll also learn how to incorporate quality assurance into an investigation, how to prioritize evidence items to examine (triage), case processing, and what goes into making an expert witness.
The Second Edition also features expanded resources and references, including online resources that keep you current, sample legal documents, and suggested further reading.
- Learn what Digital Forensics entails
- Build a toolkit and prepare an investigative plan
- Understand the common artifacts to look for in an exam
- Second Edition features all new coverage of hard drives, triage, network intrusion response, and electronic discovery; as well as updated case studies, expert interviews, and expanded resources and references